Wednesday, September 21, 2011

darkness is simply the absence of light;;

credits to xuedi for the title :D koped it off her blog~

anyway I made a mini version of my final sculpture! :D But it's not big.. Probably a few cm higher than a hand? It was basically just to let me get a feel of making trees out of clay and how I would make the trunk, the branches or the leaves. It was then that I decided on making the base out of rocks to add to the earthly naturalistic effect :) Through this sculpture I also intended to experiment with how I was going to integrate the candle holder into the tree. I tried my idea of putting it on the top of the tree here! I didn't know what to do with the branches so I just improvised with the spaghetti making tool.. sort of reminds me of avatar now.. The general effect was quite nice :D Like a nest built on a tree top ^^ very.... hopeful. Unfortunately.................
..................this happened. The coils for the trunk were too weak to support the candle holder and the spaghetti were unbelievably fragile (even more so after they dried). I suppose this could have been better thought out as to how the trunk should have been thicker, or how i should have hollowed more out of the candle holder to make it lighter, or how the candle holder could have been of a different shape to minimise clay usage and weight. But oh well~ it will be remembered~~ and plus it gave me new ideas as to the composition of the final sculptures ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment